The Investment Bell has expertise to support businesss adventures in the following sectors:
- Energy, incl. renewable energy
Biomedical, incl. Biotech
- Food & Agriculture, including water
- Environmental, including recycling
- Shelter & Housing
The Investment Bell is entertaining a number of project concepts as summarizd below:
Energy, incl. renewable energy
Eco Solar Roof Tile
The solar roof is a new departure in solar energy technologies.
The company is working with green energy and environmental friendly patents and products. Eco Solar Roof Tile is a prototype connecting ecology, energy and cutting households expenses. The idea is to transfer all plastic waste into a roof tile which make hot water by using solar power and therefore cuts energy cost. It takes about 25 empty plastic bottles to make 1 Eco Solar Roof Tile.
Eco Solar Roof Tile is:
Renewable energy product •Roof cover •Solar energy collector •Extra insulation layer that reduces need for heating over winter months •Replacement for conventional roof tile •Made from recycled PET materials •Environmental friendly •High commercial implementation •Used for heating technical water in households, agriculture and industry as well as for maintenance heating in buildings
Biomedical, incl. Biotech
The project resulted in licensed and commercialized products – metered dose sprays for sublingual application of glycerol trinitrate (GTN).
The patch for transdermal delivery of GTN - the product is developed and tested on the laboratory level.
The project includes:
1: production of highly pure nitroglycerin (NG) in suitable premixes,
2: production of metered-dose pocket spray for buccal administration of NG in prevention of
acute attacks of Angina pectoris, Asthma cardiale, lung edema, renal and biliary colic,
spastic migraine and other pathologic conditions where is necessary a rapid relaxation of
3: production of patches for transdermal delivery of NG in long-term prevention of above
indicated vasospastic conditions.
Highly Effective Preparations for Treatment of Fungal Skin Infections
The project resulted in licensed and commercialized products – spray lotions for treat ment of Tinea pedis.
Highly effective “whole body” multicomponent powder based on a complex of active substances with colloidal clay, intended for senzible skin, especially efective in treatment of Tinea cruris – the product is ready for commercialization.
A New Solution of Metered-Dose Inhalators for Treatment of Pulmonary Dysfunctions
This invention relates to water-based isotonic emulsions of liposomes (microsomes) containing active substances beneficial in different lung problems, for example, locally acting antiasthmatics and antitussives.
The external layer of micelles consists from compounds which are primary surface tension lowering components of natural lung surfactant, enabling fast exchange of drug beetwen carrier and lung tissue, together with excellent tolerability of inhaled aerosols.
Liposomes in “micron range” are readily formed by strong ultrasonic pulses of selected frequency in liquid premix. This method seems to be applicable under continuous-flow conditions.
The invention offers a basic optimization of Metered-Dose Inhalators. According to results from animal models, enhanced drug activity and tolerability are very prospective.
The project is in advanced phase of laboratory experiments.
Novel Anticholinesterase Carbamates
This invention relates to synthesis of new biologically active chemical compounds.
More particularly, the invention relates to molecular design of novel carbamate esters, which are strong cholinesterase (ChE) inhibitors.
The invention is concerned with original carbamate esters of α-amino oximes (basic chain structure [ I ]).
The compounds containing chain [I] incorporated into suitable molecular skeleton are potent inhibitors of ChE-type enzymes, respecting the nature of ester function and structural analogy to natural substrate in some important details.
The presented work describes constitution, structural stability factors, syntheses and basic anti-ChE activity of some representative compounds.
- These compounds posses utility in all fields where are required strong and selective ChE inhibitors, i.e., in the fields of pesticides and pharmaceuticals.
- Extremely high affinity of some derived compounds to both type of ChE enzymes (serum- or pseudo- and true ChE) are in accordance with experimentally confirmed low toxicity for mammals (protected by serum-ChE in peripheral bloodstream) and high toxicity for insects (without mentioned protection).
- A variation, structurally related to quinine moiety, exhibit strongly lipophylic character and resistancy to peripheral pseudo-ChE. That indicates to CNS targeted activity with possible use in treatment of health problems positively responding to ChE suppression in CNS, for example in case of Myasthenia gravis and Alzheimer’s disease. Because of possibilities for structural optimization, from that type of compounds may result more acceptable anti-ChE drug than relatively invariable physostig mine and similar compounds.
- The presented basic structure opens numerous courses of development, and current results are not conclusive.
Production of Standardized Herbal Extracts
- The project considers production of basic materials in manufacture of herbal drugs, food supplements, dietary products and cosmetics.
- Standardized herbal extracts are certified concentrates of biologically active compounds, isolated from medicinal herbs by precisely conducted and controlled process, composed according to current pharmacological requirements and clinical experience. Finished products are mainly powders or, in some cases, semisolids and liquids.
- Pharmacopoeia and respectable scientific monographs describe many of extracts. Actual standards undergo to permanent optimization, according to progress in relative knowledge. This field of pharmaceutics is gainful from scientific and commercial viewpoint. Almost a half of original publications and profit belongs to drugs of herbal origin.
- The production of standardized herbal extracts combines different activities as follows:
- Gathering and/or cultivation of medicinal herbs under competent supervision to enable standard quality of raw materials.
- Primary processing of collected herbs (controlled drying, homogenization) to prepare average charges of raw material.
- Precise analysis of every average charge to adjust parameters of extraction procedure according to analytical profile of raw material.
- Purification and further processing of crude extract (evaporation, drying, grinding, sifting).
- Precise analysis of every intermediate extract to estimate necessary mass portions of individual extract in final homogenized product to fit concentrations of active compounds into required limits.
- Detailed analytical control and certification of final product in accordance with assigned standard.